Thursday, January 13, 2011

stupid guns

Frowns and sighs. I hate emoticons. All I can think is why?


 So senseless. We need accessible mental health care and less accessible guns. 


A four year old shot their mom in Emerson NE today because there was a loaded 38 under his parents' bed. Why the hell do you have a loaded gun in a house with a four year old? At floor level? No word on the condition of the mother. Has nothing to do with the violence of Arizona but why can't we have fewer guns or why can't people use gun locks?


 A friend of mine explained the gun lock to me. Had me practice with it. He also had me shoot it. He showed me the freezer of deer his family eats. He showed me the field of corn he plants for the deer to eat to be healthy and tasty. He explained why the vet uses a gun instead of drugs for a horse or cow that must be put down. He explained why this they don't do this with smaller animals.  His point was to make me that guns can be used sensibly and reasonably. He wanted me to know that not all guns are used for violence. That people like him use them as tools. 


I am still thinking we need less guns. Too many guns. Not enough social workers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment